My client is an international engineering company with HQ in Zug, employing some 70 employees locally.
The Communication Manager is responsible for development, planning and executing of all communication activities with relevant stakeholders, media, public including sponsoring and events. The role reports to the Head of Shareholders Relations/Communications (part of the MD team) and has no direct reports.
What you will be doing …..
- Developing, planning and executing of projects and activities/events in the areas of internal and external communication, corporate publishing, media and public relations with special focus on target countries and audiences, public affairs, incident communication
- Monitoring and responding to media and public inquiries, including press releases, interviews and comments
- Developing and updating of incident communication procedures
- Planning and coordinating of crisis simulation trainings
- Developing and updating appropriate external and internal communication tools
- Developing and updating communication policies of the company
- Preparation, selection and management of relevant external suppliers and freelancers
Please note that this role has a high percentage of administration involved – especially when it comes to managing all international external and internal suppliers (agencies).
What you should have in your ‘Rucksack’….
- Degree in communications or public relations
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in respect to corporate structures, 5 years of which should be in international communication of infrastructure projects and/or in the field of energy
- Fluency in German, English and good knowledge of Russian is a MUST
- Proven sensitivity towards political environment, public opinion creation, various actors and relevant issues
- Communication and media relations experience with the target countries - mainly Russia and Germany (other Baltic Sea countries is an advantage)
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Management experience across different countries, cultures and languages preferably in multi shareholder joint ventures
- Ability to deal with the unexpected
- Willingness to travel up to about 20%
- We prefer applications from residents in Switzerland.
- No relocation is offered for candidates from the EU.
- For permit reasons, candidates without an EU passport will not be considered.